Effective advocacy is a year-round process and success is firmly rooted in the participation of our members. We invite you to get involved today.
For more than a century, we have worked to protect Washington's banking industry, in continuing these ardent efforts WBA's member advocacy focuses on:
- Identifying potential regulatory and policy concerns
- Working closely with Government Relations representatives at each of our member banks
- Carrying bank perspectives and positions to bank regulators and elected officials in Olympia and Washington, D.C.
- Maintaining a registered lobbyist that works with legislators on state and national banking issues
- Supporting favorable policies, and statewide and congressional candidates
Did You Know?
WBA's member advocacy efforts include:
- Reviewing approximately 250 bills a year
- Distributing weekly legislative updates
- Delivering comprehensive session reports
- Issuing one-page briefs summarizing policy issues
- Providing access to our on line Legislative Action Center