Executive Development Program
2021 Brochure | 2021 Registration Form | EDP FAQs | Benefits | Curriculum
WBA/IBA Members: $3,950 per student until December 1, $4,250 thereafter
Non Members: $6,700 per student until December 1, $7,200 thereafterPayment
As we continue to work through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, WBA has moved classes to a virtual format. For 2021, all EDP class dates listed are for our virtual format. Should the time come that in-person classes are once again feasible, we will communicate this to students and move to one day per month.
The Executive Development Program (EDP) is a comprehensive twelve-month course, designed to cultivate the next generation of banking leaders, is an ideal opportunity for aspiring executives to step up their career and for institutions to invest in the strong bank leaders of tomorrow.
Exceptional instructors, with years of industry insights and experience, facilitate interactive course sessions that focus on the important economic, regulatory and competitive pressures facing the industry today including:
- Today’s banking environment
- Applied banking strategies
- Leadership and management
- Financial profitability, liability and sales
- Credit and risk review
- Legislation and politics
- Audit and compliance with standards
- Negotiations and conflict resolution
- Communications best practices
- Credibility and ethics
EDP also provides a special one-on-one mentorship program – one of only a few such opportunities in the country – pairing student participants with executives from their institutions. Mentorship is vital to student success and offers bank executives an opportunity to be directly involved in the development of future.
Mentors support their mentee on a monthly basis by reinforcing the classroom learning experience, making introductions to key executives within the bank and pairing students with business experts for assistance in their homework preparation.
Additionally, we ensure your bankers participating in EDP are provided with:
- A convenient schedule designed with the busy professional in mind. Classes take place once a month over a twelve-month course period and only 6-8 hours of homework prior to each class
- Many opportunities to network with class peers, as well as program alumni.
- Practical skills and lessons that can be put into immediate practice.
- A solid foundation for their career and an excellent precursor to financial educational opportunities such as the Pacific Coast Banking School.
To date, nearly 400 bankers from banks throughout WA, OR, MT, UT, CA, and ID, have benefited from this intensive learning experience, graduating with the increased knowledge of banking and all functions of a financial institution. And more than half of EDP graduates have been recognized and promoted within their institutions.